Death Trooper diorama
Built the figure awhile ago but just recently finished his new home. I used insulation styrofoam for the base structure then applied sculptamold for ground texture and the tree bark. For the ground cover I used finely sifted soil, tile grout and woodland scenics fine soil mixed together. Sprayed the now dry sculptamold with watered down pva glue then sprinkled the soil mixture. Sprayed the ground cover with isopropanol alchohol and water mixture then repeated the last few steps until the ground was properly covered, I then used various plants purchased from craft stores and place them on the dio (some with the help of cut to size toothpicks). Once that was dry then it was onto the river bed. Using the soil mixture with added sand and gravel, glued it then it was onto adding the epoxy resin. After damming up the sides the resin was poured, I added a couple of drops of Tamiya paint to the resin while mixing (the paint goes a long way as the couple of drops made the resin darker than I wanted) once the resin was dry I added Modge Podge for the ripples and waves . I used an airbrush at one end of the dio to “push” the Modge Podge for the desired current direction. Used balsa wood to clean up the sides of the base and finally voila diorama done! Any questions just let me know and as always thanks for looking!
7 additional images. Click to enlarge.