Profile Photo

  • 14 articles
  • 790 karma
  • 4 friends

Tamiya Bf-109 E 1/48 revisited in Romanian livery

The build was the usual straight business with a kit. I repeated the experience of airbrush highlights, using some Tamiya acrylics mixes. For the upper side RLM-71 Dunkelgrun I used XF-62:1+XF-49:1 (olivedrab+khaki), I highlighted this mix in three stages with XF-59 Desert yellow, but only with a few drops, the final result is not that visible. For the RLM-04 yellow I mixed XF-4:10+XF-7:1. The underside was painted RLM65 XF-23:2+XF-2:1, also highlighted in three stages with XF-2 white, also with a lot of fear not to over do it. The basecoat was sprayed over a black primer inside each panel, with the following highlight coats each smaller than the previous. After a gloss varnish followed a black pin wash and a tan acrylic filter. For the interior I used a Quinta Studio set, not that visible in the pictures. The decals are from RB, depicting a fighter named “Nella” (short for Joan) flown by Romanian ace Tiberiu Vinca on the Stalingrad front in 1942. Hope you’ll enjoy it.

13 additional images. Click to enlarge.


7 responses

  1. Awesome result, George @georgedamian
    The paint result as well as the weathering effects do look superb.
    Also the view at the interior shows some amazing work with the aid of the Quinta set.

  2. Ditto with @johnb, George: this is an awesome result!

  3. Looks great in that color scheme!

  4. The shading looks great George! I'm not one for 109's but something about this scheme caught my eye... fantastic work all around! Nice photography as well.

  5. Well done George! Really colourful

  6. John, Spiros, Robert, Andrew, Pedro, Greg - thank you guys, glad you enjoyed it.

Leave a Reply