1/48 Tamiya P-51D Mustang
Here is my 1/48 Tamiya P-51 D Mustang finished few years ago with the markings of “Detroit Miss” from 375th FS / 361th FG , 8 th AF. This natural metal Mustang was flown by Lt.Urban Drew. Drew ‘s airplane carried 374th FS colour markings.
The model is modified by the following after market goodies ;
– Eduard PE interior set.
– Ultracast 48016 P-51 D Mustang seat.
– Ultracast 48139 P-51 Corrected and detailed flaps.
– Ultracast 48132 P-51 Wheels,diamond tread.
– Ultracast 48136 P-51 Hamilton Standard cuffed 4 blade propeller & spinner.
– Ultracast 48010 P-51 D Detailed wheel well doors.
– Ultracast 48011 P-51 D Canopy brace.
The painting was done with Alclad II Aluminium Lacquers .
D-day bands are painted by using Tamiya acrylics.
The decals are from Tally Ho P-51 Mustang Aces Part 2 set.
19 additional images. Click to enlarge.