P-40E Aleutian Tiger
I built this a while ago but thought it would be good for my first iModeler post.
This aircraft is from the 343rd FG, 11th FS in the Aleutians 1942. I thought this was different in that there were no blue surrounds on the national insignia. I got the idea from a photo in Squadron's In Action book.
• Removed extra frame work to make an 'E' windscreen
• Mike Grant instrument decals
• Added wiring behind instrument panel
• Eduard external photo etch
• ID bands and stars were masked and painted
• Decals are Barracuda Cals P-40E Warhawks Part I
• Added brake lines
• Added extra plumbing/wiring to the wheel wells
• Enhanced the gunsight by adding an MV lens
• Used an MV lens for the landing/taxi light and fuselage formation lights
• Made seat belts from Tamiya tape and the buckle hardware from Eduard 1/32 USAAF Seatbelt set
• Antenna is E-Z line
• Modelmaster paint
• Pastel weathering
Thanks for looking,
8 additional images. Click to enlarge.