Who Doesn't Have a Spitfire Collection?
Hot off the workbench is my version of the Tamiya 1/72 Spitfire Mk. Vb in the markings of 243 squadron. As usual for a Tamiya kit, it went together with no problems. The decals of the code letters have soft edges to my eye. That would be my only gripe. I used Tamiya acrylic paints XF-81, 82 and 83 for the camouflage scheme. I usually don't like airbrushing acrylics as it's so dry here in the summer that the paint is difficult for me to control. However, since I can thin Tamiya acrylics with lacquer thinner I gave them a try. I have to say I very much like the look of these colors on the model.
Anyway, This makes my fifth kit done for the year so I'm a little behind my schedule. Time to catch up by doing another modern sub kit!
10 additional images. Click to enlarge.