A hard fought battle
Ok, the story so far, the RFM Panther G, is in a word Amazing, in three words hard to build. Now that is with a caveat, you just really need to pay attention to the flow of the directions and read several steps ahead so you don’t screw yourself up. This kit will NOT fall together like a Tamiya kit, nor is it engineered as well as Dragon kits. One thing is bending the wire included in the kit. The diagrams are not to scale, they just show the bends and the lengths. So what I did was attache and bend to try and match things as they looked on the diagram! That being said, it is a fun build with some patience and a little back tracking here and there. I finally got the turret innerds assembled, and then once I tried to fit them all together…..well there was a few adjustments. The biggest hurdles were the flexible tubing from the roof ventalator to the turret interior, and then the gun “basket” kept hitting the interior so I could not get the gun in an elevated position. I wonder if RFM engineers actually assembled this kit or I was just inept at assembly. You can only dry fit so much ahead of time. Anyway, I replaced the PE chain on the turret sides with model railroad chain, and after adjusting fit here and there it all fit together! On to the hull!
10 additional images. Click to enlarge.