1/48th Boeing B-52H Stratofortress – update
It’s been a while since I updated you on my progress with Sanger’s massive 1/48th scale vacuform B-52H project.
Since last time I’ve worked on the fuselage, scratch-building the main undercarriage bays, as well as adding numerous bulkheads and formers to keep the model rigid. I’ve made a new nose from Milliput as the kit’s is typical of the early short nose versions and not correct for the later G/H model.
The wings have been finished and added to the fuselage, and new wing roots of the correct profile have been made, once again from Milliput. A more accurate tail turret has been scratch-built, and the fin constructed and added to the fuselage. Various sensors have also been added to the nose, using the kit parts as well as some scratch-building.
The whole model has had a rescribe, and now the engines have just been added – the upper part of the pylons that stretches over the top of the wings were missing so these have been fabricated from – you guessed it – Milliput.
I’m currently in the process of making the wing tanks as the stabilisers, so hopefully another update soon.
All the best,
16 additional images. Click to enlarge.