Airfix 1/72 Phantom FG1.
RAF 111st. Squadron around 1986. To finish my triple Phantom project I ended the series with the latest Airfix tool, but for this one I elected to have the cockpit closed, even though I used PE details for it and resin seats (I know they are not exactly correct for this version but good enough), also PE for the landing gear wheels and airbrakes and the RBF flags, resin weapons, wheels, RWR and blade antennas for the tail, air intake ramps and the Spey exhausts, and metal turned probes. Aftermarket decals were sourced for this bird also, but I had to supply the specific Ejection Seat warning decals that were not included on the decal set. I scratchbuilt the airbrakes actuators and other minor pieces that are not included on the kit. A very demanding model kit given the amount of pieces compared to the previous Hasegawa ones. The yellow decals for the tail were a disaster and I had to repaint the whole thing except for the squadron badge that I had an extra set on the decal sheet. I also know that usually the inert weights on the front bays are blue but I found a picture where they were disguised as live rounds and I liked the idea for my bird.
23 additional images. Click to enlarge.