Heller’s 1/72 Bf-109K converted to an Avia S-199 “Sakeen”
This is Heller's Bf-109K converted to an Avia S-199. An enjoyable build, I took a kit that I was not too thrilled with as a 109K but had some fun making it to something that I like. This was Heller's first attempt (1976, Kit No. 074) to have a 109K model but made mistakes on the tail area and this kit was more a late G model 109. Later Heller reworked the mould and came out with a more correct 109K in kit No. F-232 in 1985.
I did some scratch building on the outside parts of the cowlings and wings (fairings and bulges, scoops), reworked the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer by adding on a piece of stretched sprue to the front and filled in the open area with putty. This made the angle a bit more shallow to give it the more correct look. I use parts from the 1975 Airfix release of their Bf-109E (bomb rack and bombs), Jo-Han's Me-109F/G (20mm underwing cannon packs) and Pavla's resin FW-190D spinner and propeller.
Decals comes from AML's Israeli S-199 sheet. I used the set that represent Avia S.199 of the 101 Squadron, Israeli Air Force/Defence Force.
All in all a fun build.
19 additional images. Click to enlarge.