Here is my Airfix
AH-7, representing a British Army machine serving in Afghanistan. It is my first helicopter
ever. I took care to preserve all of the beautiful rivet detail of the kit through careful fitting and no excess sanding of joints. In the end, I think it came out the way I wanted.
The cockpit and cabin details were added using Eduard etch plus my own scratch-built harnesses and seat belts using paper, etch and bits of plastic from the kit. The pit is pretty dark in photographs, especially with the blue tinted window, but a few carefully lit shots reveal the red-orange of the seats and other details. I may open the co-pilot's side door at some point to show the very detailed IP and other panels and switches. For now, I just want to enjoy the nice lines of the Lynx without opening it up too much and breaking the outline.
I put a lot of work into the chaff dispensers on the tip of each skid. They were detailed with scrap photo-etch to show the lightening holes in the support structure. I added wires from fine magnet wire.
The anti-missile "dazzler" is a transparent piece that I painted transparent gold on the outside (mixing Tamiya Clear and Gold). I put a rolled up paper insert inside with checks drawn on to simulated the multi-faceted look of the dazzler. I think it looks OK in the end.
I also thinned out and detailed the windshield wipers with stretched sprue to match photos. If you are interested in the details of the build, you can see how this came together in the Helicopters GB.
Overall, I really like the camo colors and general look of the Lynx AH-7. I did the green portion with Tamiya NATO Green and the the Grey with Gunze H75 Dark Sea Grey - slightly lightened with Flat White. Tamiya Clear coat for decaling and matt coat with MM Acryl Flat - thinly applied. Oil pin-wash for weathering. I may do a little diorama with the wood base shown eventually. BTW, the photos on the base are a bit crude but they show colors and details well in more natural diffused sun light. I have a Revell naval version of the Lynx in 1/32, which I may do as a French Navy machine some day. I hope you like this build. It was quite fun but not without its challenges, especially in how to handle the model during the painting process. Comments welcome.