Just wanted to remind you that we have passed the half-mark for the DH100GB, and if you have a build to get started there it may be now that you want to make your initial posting on the build. Go to the groups section and find it there;
Just checked the site of SBS-model for their latest news, and lo-and-behold, they have added a conversion for Eduards 1/32 109E to their growing range of 109 variations.
From what I can see, they are of the same high quality as in the Ha-1109 [...]
And with the 109's in 1/72 rolling off the machine at Special Hobby, it is now the Buchón that is released.
There are some nice details in the kit, like the pointy ferry tank they used for flights to their African bases.
One rather important d[...]
I do know this Eduard kit has been presented here before, but in order to present my 109's I have chosen to add it here too.
I have used the kit decals even though I do realise they are slightly wrong with too fat lines. I opened the vent on [...]
A looong time ago I built the G-6 from the "Mersu" Limited edition box from Eduard. That is a huge box with sufficient plastic for two 109's.
It was as far as I remember the second time I used the old Badger Airbrush, and the room for impro[...]
I do apologise for the dust, but I only had a very short time before the sun dissapeared, so You will have to make do with the dust.
I used this one as an excuse to drill and carve a lot of openings and stuff in a standard Tamiya 109, and [...]
It is build as 6o119 with the wooden eye emblem.
This kit has been around for a few years, so how it builds has been described elsewhere – quite often too. Suffice it to say that I still prefer the old Tamiya kit for its simplicity. If you [...]
I wanted to cram as much detail in it as possible. I have since become older. However with all that detail and on/off build it has now finally reached the point where I declare it to be finished.
Amongst the details I may mention the fol[...]
It was brought to the Garrison Museum in Aalborg, where some attempt was initiated to salvage the parts. Sadly the focus was on iron, and to avoid that rusting further the parts was kept "dry". Rather quickly the parts on display on the muse[...]
The story can be searched online, suffice it to say the Germans made some tests with the engine from a 110 and the propeller from a 109. I bought two different conversions, and ended up with the Fusion resin conversion for the Tamiya Spitfir[...]