I finished this kit recently, it has been a really fun project. The Tamiya kit doesn't have too many details, the wings had recessed panel lines and the fuselage halves had raised details, so I had to re-scribe them. Th[...]
This is Hasegawa’s classic Raiden kit from 1977. It is a good kit for its time, but suffers from basic cockpit detail and shallow wheelwells. I replaced both on my build and plunge-molded the sliding portion of the canopy. There is photograp[...]
This was number six for the year and the final one for 2019. The 1/48 Hasegawa J2M3 Raiden. I started this one almost two years ago however a disaster at the painting stage shelved it for almost 18 months. I picked it up about three wee[...]
Enamel wash, oil wash, salt chipping and now hairspray. I've tried to do something different with each of my four last builds, firstly to learn, secondly to keep my modelling interesting and thirdly to keep challenging myself.
I looked at a fe[...]
This is my latest finished model.
It was brushpainted using Revell acrylics, using Black Green 40 for the upper sides and Light Grey Satin 371 for the undersides (which was a pain to paint because satin doesn´t have a grip as strong as matt pain[...]
I just don't know what to write in addition to the photos. This is Raiden, one of the most beautiful airplanes I know. And this is Hasegawa in 1/72 scale – the classic kit. Completely OOB, 100% of fun. Glued with glue, painted with paint. I've s[...]
This is Tamiya's lovely Raiden in 1/48. Sweet little bird, had a lot of fun weathering it too. Enjoy the pix. :)
Though late in the game, going along with the Japanese aircraft theme, this is the old Tamiya kit, #61018 in their early original 48th scale series from the 70's. Despite it's age it goes together well, I built this back around 92-93 so I hav[...]
I have been posting pictures in the group build of this kit. Well I can finally say that it is complete. I am not a professional Photographer, but I hope you enjoy the pictures non the less, the last pictures I took I placed it with a P 51 Musta[...]
I finished this June 2014. I originally had stretched sprue ariels on it but didn't like them, so replaced with nylon thread last night. I didn't realize until I photographed it this morning that I hadn't gotten the bottom thread tightened up,[...]