Hello iModeler! This kit was a gift from my lovely wife, and It was a total joy to build! I used a Quickboost resin exhaust pipe and EZ line for the rigging. Paints are Vallejo Model Air shot through my Sotar 20/20. The rest is scratch or ou[...]
Despite being busy (like a long tailed cat in a rocking chair factory) I got another one finished ! It's OOB with some scratch built items and general repairs, mostly the result of brittle plastic. Rigged with pre-blackened 2 lb test fishing li[...]
After two years absence here is a classic kit.
Out of the box with some added cable.
Ciao a tutti!
George's very nice Swordfish on floats got me thinking about the Swordfish II I did a couple years back.
Most of the Swordfish produced during the Second World War were constructed by Blackburn Aviation, including all Swordfish Mks. II and III.[...]
I built this little gem many years ago. I painted it with Tamiya and Alclad paints, and Automotive clear coat. I used the salt method after spraying the Alclad, letting it dry, then spraying the clear coat. After I applied the salt, I sprayed a [...]
Most of the Swordfish aircraft produced during the Second World War were constructed by Blackburn Aviation, including all Swordfish Mks. II and III. This situation must have felt good to Fairey Aviation - the company responsible for the origin[...]
i have no particular affinity for the Swordfish, though i now think she's a pretty little thing in her own humble way. i started this build over a year ago as a rigging challenge. i've said it before, i do like what Airfix is producing lately. [...]
Continuing the recent occasional Fleet Air Arm theme, here are a few photos of Tamiya's 1/48 Swordfish, c1940, with a record photo of the actual aircraft.
The rigging is from a Tamiya detail-up etch set. The subject is often modelled with wing[...]
This the very old airfix kit of what was affectionately known as the "Stringbag". The Swordfish has a storied career, which you can read all about elsewhere. It's about as straight forward as any Airfix bi-plane of that era. I tried to keep[...]
This was an 'off and on again' project, mainly due to self induced problems. I still don't have the sequence of rigging steps figured out, and when they should fit in the construction, painting and weathering stages.
I had no major problems wi[...]