Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1 “Birdcage” Corsair
It's finished, at last. 🙂
I started this project in August 2013. I finished it up yesterday.
There's really nothing I can say that hasn't already been said...it's the best kit I've ever built. It's built out of the box, with the exceptions of Barracudacals cockpit placards & stencils, and Eduard seat harness, and the coiled solder used as an antennae tensioner.
ID light lenses were created using white glue.
Tamiya acrylics were used exclusively, mixed according to the kit's suggestions.
Weathering was done with airbrushing and artists' oils.
I realized while editing the photos that I need to add the manufacturer's plates to the propeller blades, and the port elevator linkage must've been brushed off while wiping down the oils. Hope I can find it. I also know that I need to replace the shackles on the hard points...all four broke off while handling the wing sections. Oh, boy...
Regardless, I'm pretty happy with the outcome
24 additional images. Click to enlarge.