DH Vampire T.55
Well here’s a thing, I finished an Airfix Vampire too !
Built for the RNZAF 80th Anniversary GB over at Kiwi Modeller, the Airfix T.11/T.55 is quite simply a delight. Construction is virtually vice-free with only a ‘smear’ of putty here and there,
I wasn’t suffering from Advanced Modellers Syndrome but the next time that I am, I’ll rush-out and buy/build another one of these as I’ve got a shed-load of marking left to use-up.
Paint is all enamel, mainly Xtracolour, I had to mix my own ‘DayGlo’ / fluorescent red for the tail – apparently it was for a high visibility evaluation in 1969 – all sealed in under a coat of Johnsons Klear, the Xtradecal decals snuggled-down with very little effort and I finished the wee thing with a couple of light coats of Humbrol Satin Cote(sic).
As ever if you have any questions, comments or criticism on the build, please feel free. Almost certainly my last finish for a couple of months as we’re heading back to the ‘old world’ straight after New Year for the first time in almost five years.
Happy & peaceful 2017 everyone…
7 additional images. Click to enlarge.