Just Under the Wire
As I and many others have said before, these kits go together quickly and well. Construction was a breeze. There is a small gap between the tracks on each side, but they are hidden by the fenders. I used Tamiya paints for the basic camouflage scheme. Originally I used both the JGSDF green and brown. But, the contrast between them was almost impossible for me to see (I have a red/green color deficiency) so I repainted the green with J.A. Green (XF-13) which I liked much better. I used various washes and powders for weathering. I also tried a new technique this time and, in a similar way with my figure painting, I mixed up lighter versions of the two cameo colors and painted on thin highlight lines along most of the panel edges. That's something I think I will play around with more on my next armor kit.
I hope you all have a Happy New Year!
5 additional images. Click to enlarge.