iModeler January Awards
Once again it is time for our monthly retrospective – a look back at some of the notable articles posted at this site during January.
January was a busy month, with 103 new entries adorning the headlines of iModeler during the period, prompting an impressive 1,881 comments and 26,000 individual article reads.
According to our long-standing tradition we are giving away a pair of awards as a token of appreciation to our contributiors. The jury panel this month were @editor, @halvarvonflake, @magnusf, @aisak and @raikisan.
Every month, all Headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
iModeler Best in Show – January 2018
The jury’s Best in Show award goes to Won-hui Lee’s 1/350 CV-6 USS Enterprise 1942 Late Version. Won-hui’s work has grabbed our attention multiple times in the past, and this time the quality of the overall build, the attention to detail and the figure painting (yes, we are talking about a complete boxing ring scene in 1/350!) made for a very convincing Enterprise.
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is Gary Wiley and his Gallery UH-34 US Navy Rescue. It is always nice to see well-executed chopper models, and Gary’s build makes no exception.
Honorable Mentions: Our 10 Fabulous Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Maxim Bylkin – Tamiya 1/48 Pz.IIIN (Afrika korps, 1943)
2. Tolga ULGUR – 1/32 Hasegawa Bf-109G-6 “Black 10”
3. Christian Ristits – GWH MiG-29 9-12 Late Red-35
4. Dmitry Stropalov – PZL P.7 of “Bajan Trio” (Arma Hobby 1/72)
5. emin emre üstüner – Abandoned Wolkswagen Beetle
6. Krzysztof Szałecki – Tamiya 1:48 F4U-1D, white 155, VF-84, USS Bunker Hill, February 1945
7. IT Lahtinen – Battle Hopper – bio-/mechatronics grasshopper bike (Bandai)
8. David A. Thomas – The Wooden Bee and the Story of the Auca Five
9. Krzysztof Szałecki – Italeri 1:48 Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless NZ5060, RNZAF Piva, April 1944
10. Louis Gardner – 1/48 Hasegawa “Year of the Cat” F6F-5K Hellcat “Target Tow / Drone”
10 additional images. Click to enlarge.