iModeler March Awards
Once again it is time for our monthly retrospective – a look back at some of the notable articles posted at this site during March.
March was an excellent month, with 169 new entries adorning the headlines of iModeler during the period, prompting an impressive 2,800 comments and a whopping 42,985 individual article reads.
Every month, all Headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
iModeler Best in Show – March 2018
The jury’s Best in Show award for this month goes to John Soh’s Tamiya 1/350 IJN Yamato. As has been mentioned in the comments, “we are being spoilt with ship models these days…” – and nothing exemplifies the quality of ship building on iModeler better than John’s Yamato. The effective weathering, paired with great photography, create a stunning impression of this huge battleship.
But wait, there is more! – The Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is S. Cubas and his Tamiya 1/48 F4U-1 Corsair.
Honorable Mentions: Our 11 Fabulous Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Darren Dickerson – 1/48 Tamiya P-47D Free French 1945
2. Alan Price – Eduard Me 109F-2
3. Carmelo Rodrigo – Good afternoon First I apologize because I can…
4. Charles King – “Make a Deal”
5. Pavel Aparin – Airfix 1/72 Be-2c
6. Martin Dytrych – A-4F Skyhawk (Eduard 1:48)
7. Song Jung Gun – 1/200 USS NEW JERSEY
8. Young Min, Jang – 1/32 KF-16 C (ACADEMY)
9. Ebroin Song – 1/700 Fujimi Yamato(WoWS Camo scheme)
10. Won-hui Lee – 1/350 IJN Battleship Musashi 1944
11. Bernd Ebeling – F6F Hellcat Diorama (1/48) – “Anatomy of a cat”
11 additional images. Click to enlarge.