iModeler July Awards
Once again it is time for our monthly retrospective – a look back at some of the notable articles posted at this site during July.
First and foremost, July was an incredibly hot month for most of our members. Spending the days in an ice-filled bath tub would have been a valid pastime, still we had 117 new entries adorning the headlines, prompting an impressive 1,651 comments and 26,000 individual article reads.
According to our long-standing tradition we are giving away a pair of awards as a token of appreciation to our contributors. The jury panel this month were @aisak, @editor, @gregax, @halvarvonflake, @magnusf and @raikisan.
Every month, all Headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
Click here to register and take part in our next monthly roundup!
iModeler Best in Show – July 2018
Dmitry Ryzhenkov has been around at iModeler for a while now, and his builds never fail to impress. Point in case: His Modelsvit Tu-22. Dmitry not only improved the kit’s control surfaces, but managed to pull off a convincing worn natural metal finish. Also noteworthy are the pictures which make you forget you are looking at a 72nd scale plane!
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is G. Ley and his scratchbuilt aircraft hangar in 48th scale.
Honorable Mentions: Our 10 Fabulous Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Charles King – Business as usual – ‘After the war’
2. Yi Xudong – Pakistan Air Force JF-17 Thunder Block 10
3. Anthony Alvear – USS Indianapolis CA-35 Heavy Cruiser 1945
4. Carl Christensen – Star wars ‘Battle of Hoth’
5. jonghwan Lee – 1/32 Jeannin Stahltaube
6. roger fabrocini – Airfix 1:72 B-25C/D as a USMC PBJ-1D
7. David Polak – 1/35 M151A2 “jappas” in IDF service
8. Roman Fittl – Oosterbeek, Niederlande, 17. September 1944
9. Tolga ULGUR – 1/32 Eduard P-40N Warhawk “Lulu Belle”
10. Ulf Lundberg – HMS Zinnia in 1:350
10 additional images. Click to enlarge.