Adolph Galland’s final ride – Monograms 1/48 ME-262
I thought I’d share another completion from last year. Monograms 1/48 262 done up as Galland’s aircraft from JV 44
– Rescribed as required (real aircraft had panel lines, joints, rivets filled and sanded smooth)
– Open engine panels and gun bay panels rebuilt and closed,
– Air scoops on engines and cockpit replaced with carved sprue scoops (opened)
– Nav lights replaced with clear acrylic rod, drilled and painted for bulbs,
– Cockpit detailed, scratch-built gunsite, controls, new rudder pedals, Ultracast seat,
– Landing gear bays detailed, gear corrected to wartime configuration and detailed, resin nose wheel,
– DF loop replaced with brass wire,
– Painted with Tamiya acrylics, weathered with oils and pastels,
– Aeromaster decals (Galland special set)
Some of the photo’s are from prior to rigging the antennae, hope you like.
… and a Happy New year to everyone!
5 additional images. Click to enlarge.