Hasegawa’s 1/48 AV-8B Harrier Jet
I’m not going to lie, I’ve attempted this kit several times in the past few years, and have failed miserably. I have two kits with the failed attempts under my bed. The kit has some serious fit issues. It took patience, a lot of dry fitting, sanding, and some putty to make it work. Knowing what I was in for this time, and now armed with the skills and knowledge needed to tackle this kit I finally have an acceptable build for the shelf. This one is all OOB. The colors in the instructions were quite the ways off. So I picked ones that looked right to me. Found a painting guide later online, and I managed to pick the right colors. I think I spend to much time looking at all the various shades of gray! Lol.
Paints used were a mix of Tamiya acrylics, and Model Master enamels. Decals went on fairly well. I did have issues with the one tail decal. It ripped on me, but they snugged down really well using Micro set/sol. Thanks for looking!
9 additional images. Click to enlarge.