Major Overhaul – Stage 3
Ok guys. Here is stage 3. As you can see, since stage 2 was posted sometime ago, I’ve added a scratch built steel truss with an overhead crane. The overhead crane is a kit from Walthers. Yes, it is a HO scale railroad kit. But within the parameters of this scale, its usage was perfect. I had to cut and splice the kit to fit the space I needed. I also incorporated some scratch built parts to give it some UMP! 🙂
If you noticed, one of the mechanics has a remote control that operates the overhead crane. The crane itself was modified to simulate the new changes as it was manually operated by a operator who sat in a cab in the air. So, I justified this by the removal of that cabin and replacing the controls as a remote control device, in the hands of the operator. I have one issue, that I am still working out. It is to get the tension of the crane cables straighten out. It’s a little better than before, but you can still see a little kink . Any suggestion let me know.
I also added a scratch built corrugated siding at both ends of the workshop entries. Added a scratch built flood light at both ends as well. I added a fourth figure, a welder. I am still working at improving my figure painting, so don’t hit me over the head, too hard. I know I still need more work. But I can tell, I am improving. 🙂 I am still contemplating, if he should be welding where he is at the moment. I’m looking for other alternatives. so, he is not glued in placed until I’ve decided.
I’ve also added more detail in the armor cabin. You can see a wire hanging downwards, that looked it has been strip from whatever it was connected to, after being removed from the body. I thought it would add some interest to the effect of the diorama.
So far that’s about it. Will try and take some better photos and post the final look, when I get everything finalized. Thanks for looking.
23 additional images. Click to enlarge.