Spitfire Mk.VIII under maintenance in 1943 somewhere in Malaysia
I really enjoyed spending a lot of time adding a lot of details in the cockpit and engine. I learned quite a lot about scratch build with this model, mainly playing with lead or copper wires and brass plates.
Globally the kit was aligned with the Tamiya high-quality standard however I was disappointed by the crazy amount of ejection pins, and often on visible spots.
I used AK Real Colors applied on a black primer which allowed me to build nice shadows with the airbrush and an uneven surface closer to reality.
I used VMS varnish to protect the paint before applying oils. VMS products are impressive and VMS varnishes are amazing!
Little tools are from Mini Art; was really impressed by the quality of the brand compared to the Italieri accessories I also used for the wood boxes.
24 additional images. Click to enlarge.