Checkertail Clan Mustang progress
Seems like forever since I posted! Well here is progress on the cockpit, Barracuda Cast seat, and radios and battery. Eduard “Look” instrument panel. The seatbelts were a quandary. I had some Eduard PE ones from a failed Dragon P-51 build, but they seemed one dimensional for 1/32. I ordered some HGW “fabric” ones, but they looked like notebook paper when assembled. I then ordered some Kitsworld 3D printed ones, while better, the buckles looked like they were out of a comic book. Soooooo I used the Tamiya kit ones, added a bit to them and used the decals for the stitching that came with the Barracuda seat. The floor is very thin veneer I sanded down to paper thin, painted black, and then sanded to simulate scuffing. Decals are from Barracuda Decals P-51 cockpit set.
3 additional images. Click to enlarge.