I build 1/72 aircraft, from WWII forward, only build them wheels-up. Until Dec. 2019, all my models were brush-painted (or rattle can if NMF). I finally entered the modern age of the airbrush at the end of that year.
Dad was a fighter pilot so I grew up on airbases – he was trained in T-28, T-34 & T-33, then flew F-100, F-101, F-105, F-4 (Cam Rahn Bay) and T-38 (as IP).
I’m a member of Tulsa Modeler’s Forum club (www.tulsaipms.com).
Live in Tulsa, 6 kids, 1 GREAT wife.
Love the outdoors and good friends (stop and visit anytime you’re in Tulsa!)
REALLY hope to build my complete stash before I die (does anyone actually know someone who has accomplished this?)!
I’m also a passionate follower of Jesus Christ, so if you ever feel the need for some extra prayer, feel free to reach out.
Man oh man - first time to ever crack open a Tamiya box. Holy smoke - more parts in the cockpit than in the entire Frog 109F build! This was fun.
So obviously I didn't do much, other than add wing tip lights with clear sprue, and I added the s[...]
This was an old bagged Frog kit. I sanded it smooth and scribbed new panel lines and a few rivet lines. There were actually no nose gun troughs, so I had to drill and ream those out.
Used some Albion Alloy aluminum tubing for gun barrels, and[...]
I call this my FrankenBeau... This was from the old Dogfight Doubles kit (along with the Bf 109 G from my prior post) so a very basic kit. No gun ports, no ejector chutes, raised rivets and panels...
I had accidentally purchased a box of Haseg[...]
This was from an old Dogfight Doubles kit (along with a Beaufighter - coming soon). I wasn't actually sure what model of 109 it was, so had to learn about all the variations to figure out what it most closely resembled. Then did some work to mak[...]
I saw this beautiful Chilean F-16 built by George Johnson a few years ago ( and decided I had to build one myself (in my scale). I secured a Hasegawa Sufa as the base kit, and finally found some decals from TwoBobs on ebay (out of print).
This is my entry for the Desert Storm group build. I added details to the cockpit - some bulkhead at the rear deck, boxes, cables, ejection handles, etc, knowing it would be pretty visible under that expansive canopy. Nothing extra to the exter[...]
One of the members in our club recently built the Dragon 1/48 Ju-188 E1, and it inspired me to pull out the old Italeri A/E kit I had in the stash. It was a pretty low-parts-count kit, so thought it might be a fairly quick build, but pretty ear[...]
I've always love the look of this aircraft, and when I saw a Pavla kit a few years ago I snatched it up. There were only about a dozen or so Fi-167's built. This was the first Pavla kit I've built (though I've got several more in the stash), an[...]
This is my submission for the Empire of Japan group build. OOB except that I added a couple of missing panel lines, and riveted the entire aircraft. As usual, I also added crew. Only issue I ended up with was the canopy didn't set totally down [...]
Started back in late Feb or early Mar (who can remember that long ago now...), this was the second of 2 Phantoms I started simultaneously (along with the EJ Kai already posted). The kit was typical Hasegawa late-version, with lots of interchange[...]