The IJA Database at iModeler

8 articles
  • Items tagged with IJA
  • 8 articles
  • Publicly visible
  • Last addition 1 year, 12 months ago

JAPANESE CAMP (TAMIYA 1/35)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Tamiya Tony

My last completed kit of 2021, here’s my 1/72 Tamiya Ki-61 Hien. This was another fantastic kit from Tamiya. I used the camo decals which worked pretty well. I do wish Tamiya provided an open canopy option since there’s pretty good [...]

Kawasaki Ki-61-I Hien, Tamiya 1/72

Finished this little kit in 2020. What can I say, this is the best kit I ever built, absolutely superb. No filling required. Painted with AK Real Colors and Alclad II paints.

Tamiya Ki-61 with 'that' colour scheme

This was a quick build of Tamiya's beautifully engineered Ki-61-Id Hien kit in 1/48 scale which I bought on a work trip to Tokyo years ago and have only just got around to building now that lockdowns are over and I can access my workshop [...]

Banzai!..1/48 Kawasaki Ki-45 Kai Koh Toryu "Nick", Imperial Japanese Army

Built by my dad in 2012, Hasegawa dual combo kit with Isuzu fuel truck. Painted with Gunze and Tamiya IJA paints, elastic thread for the antenna wire, Wako fabric seatbelts. 5th Flight Regiment, 1st Company, Timor Island October 1943.

Banzai!…1/48 Nakajima Ki-27b Type 97 “Nate”, Imperial Japanese Army

And my dad has finished his next, and for now last, IJ subject. This time the old Hasegawa ex-Mania Nate. The kit isn´t bad, regarding it dates back to 1977. This is a limited edition from around 2005. Decals tended to tear and float [...]

Banzai!…1/48 Mitsubishi Ki-51 Type 99 “Sonia” Imperial Japanese Army , Empire of Japan Group Build

12/2020 After a bunch of German stuff this year it´s time to move to another Axis Power. And it did fit perfectly for the Empire of Japan group build. Nichimo kit, first released in 1975, detail is nice and fit is good, only the canopy [...]

Hasegawa Ki.84 Hayate “Frank” 1/48

Here is my Hasegawa Ki.84 Hayate “Frank” in 1/48. I will one day get to the 1/32nd version so I am re-examining this earlier build and I decided it was worth a few pictures. For this build, the two challenges for me were getting the [...]