While the Japanese might be more known for their submarine-born aircraft, they were not the only ones to have toyed with the idea. The Arado 231 "U-bootsauge" was an early '41 attempt to make a submersible-deployed observation aircraft. The sub [...]
Well, another plus side to having time on my hands at present is being able to post (perhaps too many!) more of my builds. This one was completed about a year and a half ago and I certainly made a better job of it this time round than the first[...]
Designed to a specification for a heavy bomber first issued in 1932, the first Wellington prototype flew in 1934. It was the second airplane to use the revolutionary geodetic construction system first created by Barnes Wallis for the R-100 airs[...]
This is the MPM boxing of the Academy P-39 kit. MPM provides a different decal sheet for the kit. I added Eduard seat belts, stainless steel tubing for the cowl guns, drilled out the other guns, Aires main wheels an reworked the nose gear a bit.[...]
MPM's 1/72 P-40F ,I replaced the kit's vacuform canopy assy. with one from a hasegawa 'E' kit. Used kit decals of Dammit , one of the P-40's of the 33FG ferried to North Africa on the USS Chenango CVE-28,To take part in Operation Torch. Dec. 194[...]
MPM's 1/48 Finnish Morko Morane of HLeLv 21 based in Rissala, Summer 1946.
A real oddball this one, & some folks may already be doing a double take at this point, possibly thinking isn't that a Morane Saulnier MS 406?
Well, yes it is a re-[...]
1/72 MPM, I modified a few things, brass tube and wire for the rotors, replaced the tail skid and antennae etc with brass and stretched sprue, finished in MM and Tamiya enamels, Tamiya clear over decals from the spares box, this scheme is a kit [...]
1/72 MPM, I modified a few things, upper turret guns hinge, added alloy foil to landing lights, tinned copper wire push rod tubes to engines, finished in MM enamels with Future and Xtra flat over kit and Aussie decals from the spares box.
The MPM's Kit is not properly an high-tech kit, but it's easy to assembly and accurate.
I immediately liked the colors of this plane used in the Operation Musketeer, 1956.
1/72 MPM, I replaced and added a few things, exhausts from sprue, pitots and bracing from brass wire, air scoops from alloy foil, finished in Humbrol and MM enamels with Future and Micro flat over kit decals.