Task Force "Normandy is launched soon after dark on 16 January 1991, 8 AH-64A Apache attack helicopters along with a CH-53 mother ship, belonging to the 101st Airborne Division, their mission was to attack and destroy 2 Iraqi air-defenses s[...]
Finally I finished another model, I'm just not such a quick builder mainly caused by lack of time.
This build is the Curtiss Tomahawk Mk.II from Airfix (A05133) and represents the No. 112 squadron of the RAF in Libya 1941.
Usually I bui[...]
Have been modeling for 30 years and this is the first P-40 I have built. Not sure why, as I have always been a big fan since I saw “The Flying Tigers” as a kid. Really enjoyed building this kit, and it is one of Airfix’s better efforts. It is fi[...]
Whilst working at my usual glacial pace on another build I decided on Monday to see how quickly I could complete a kit using enamels.
This is the result. I have just spent the last two hours trying for the life of me to get the aerial[...]
This is AK431, a workhorse from the North Africa campaign, based in Fayid, Egypt in 1943. I was attracted to the P-40’s battered, leaky look - a survivor in a tough environment. Apart from an unfortunate Me-109 I mauled as a 10-year-old, this is[...]
Thought it was time for Tommy's TomaHawk/WarHawk factory to gear up production again. Also because we all seem to have plenty of time here in Ohio for building kits. Took this old AMT kit and added an aftermarket seat, exhause stacks and wheels [...]
Piloted by Australian Ace Jack Bartle 112 Sqd., Egypt October 1941. Aftermarket items include Ultracast prop/spinner and seat, with Brengun gun sight along with a Master gun barrel set which has a very nice pitot head along with a ring and be[...]
This is a nice kit but my problems started when I decided to put the Aires cockpit in it. It was not that great of an improvement to the kit parts and it was too wide. I sealed the fuselage and inserted it as a unit up through the wing opening[...]
Terrific model, excellent build, and one I would recommend absolutely.
I used Tamiya acrylics, which is something I have not done in over twenty years. I also used Star Fighter Decals, which I am pleased to report, worked flawlessly.