Pilatus PC 21, 1/32 Scale, Scratch Build, Part 4
Here we go again, I did quite a lot of work since the last post, I want to get some build time in before I make another trip to the DRC, so this is what I have done since the last post.
1. Shaped a spinner from Balsa wood and vac form.
2. Laminate 2 x 1mm thick plastic card for the propeller blades.
3. Shaped the blades, drill and install mounting pins.
4. Make up propeller hub. ( with the propeller blades installed in the “feathered” position it looks like it’s going at a 1000mph)
5. finish and paint engine and nose gear wheel well.( lots of wiring and piping to get it to look ok)
6. Glue in fire walls and engine into cowl.
7. I will scribe in all the panel lines and install the exhausts when I mount the nose to the fuselage.
Now for the cockpit………………………
It does not sound like a lot of work, but it was quite exhausting to get the look right.
I hope you all approve, please feel free to comment.
Let me know if you are still interested in regular posts and if I I am explaining things ok for you to follow. Please feel free to PM me if you would like more information.
11 additional images. Click to enlarge.