Airfix 1/24 Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat – Visual review
This article is part of a series:
- Telford kit news: Airfix 1/48 new releases – Blenheim Mk. I, Hawker Hunter
- Telford kit news – Wingnut Wings 1/32 Avro Lancaster, a closer look
- Airfix new-tool 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire FR Mk. XIV – Visual review
- Airfix 1/24 Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat – Visual review
- HK Models 1/32 Avro Lancaster Mk. I – a closer look
So here is a detailed pictorial review of what Airfix is bringing us with their brand-new 1/24 scale Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat kit. The phographs contained herein have been taken at the 2018 Scale Modelworld and show a full set of 9 greay plastic sprues, sans the clear sprue which will be added as the 10th item in the box. There are about 600 parts total in this kit.
The Airfix Hellcat will be available in the shops starting in May 2019, with the expected retail price of around 150 GBP.
The photo conditions at the show were far from than ideal, I’m really hoping that next time Airfix would display their kit sprues against some dark background! Anyway, I hope that the pictures can still tell the story.
67 additional images. Click to enlarge.