iModeler March Awards
It’s time for our look back at some of the excellent work posted on iModeler during March. With 220 new articles, 2,291 comments and 53,500 individual article reads, this month really picked up the pace.
According to our long-standing tradition we are giving away a pair of awards as a token of appreciation to our contributors. The jury panel this month were @editor, @gregax and @raikisan.
Every month, all headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent this month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
iModeler Best in Show – March 2019
If you have ever been around a small seaport, you might remember not only the look, but also the smell – this special mix of seaweed, salt and diesel fuel. And you can almost smell the same when looking at Nikos Kosmadakis’ “Smit Frankrijk” diorama. Taking an old kit, some PE, and a lot of scratchbuilding skills, Nikos managed to create a unique scene with lots of flair.
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all of the month’s entries. This time, our lucky winner is George R Blair Jr with his Monogram 1/500 USS Chicago.
Honorable Mentions: Our 16 Fabulous Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Tomáš Pelej – Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate “Frank” Hasegawa 1/32
2. Marc Barris – RB 51 ‘Red Baron’ Fisher Model and Pattern, 1/32 scale
3. Patrick Kastinger – Battle of the Bulge Diorama 1/35
4. Martin Dytrych – F-4J Phantom “Jolly Roger”
5. Valter vaudagna – RAF Hawker Thypoon lB hasegawa 1/48 scale
6. Allon kira – Bandai, AT-ST in 1/48
7. Louis Gardner – Tamiya 1/48 Ki-61 Hien “Tony” 244th Sentai 1945, covered using Bare Metal Foil
8. Manuel Magrinho – Portuguese SIKORSKY UH-19A (Italeri +Scratchbuild) 1/72
9. Jeff Groves – Fw 190A-8/R11 Neptune of Ofw. Günther Migge
10. gary sausmikat – “Let me at ’em”
11. Valter vaudagna – Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 bis Silurante
12. Allon kira – Takom, IDF, Merkava 2b in 1/35
13. Alessandro Parmigiani – Lockheed YO-3A Quiet Star
14. George Chatzidakis – Eduard’s 1/48 Hellcat Mk.II
15. Pietro Malaguti – Canadian Car Foundry – Hawker Hurricane
16. Daniel Johansson – “La curiosité est un vilain défaut”
16 additional images. Click to enlarge.