Revell's 1/48 B-25J Mitchell "Jaunty Jo"
This kit was a bit of a bear. Not surprising considering they are still using the mold from 1977. I had several fights with the seams, including the fuselage seams popping in places. I don't know if the plastic was just being impervious to Tamiya extra thin, or maybe a bad batch of the glue. I landed up using what I call the "Mac Daddy" super glue I have. The kind of stuff where you have to keep the container across the bench, so the fumes can't get in your eyes or they'll burn and water instantly. I did make one mistake, and that is the placement of the nose art decal. I had temporarily glued on the nose glass, so it got painted with plane, and I didn't have to mask guns. Well I totally forgot I had to pull it back off until I went to place the "Jaunty Jo" decal. So rather than split the decal, I just positioned it down a bit further. Oh well. Right about 50 hours into this one. Mostly Model Master paints used, Tamiya weathering powders, acrylic oils for oil and hydraulic leaks. Hard to tell from the pics, but I rescribed all the panel lines, and added rivets, one by one. Finally picked up a pounce wheel. I have to try it out. No aftermarket goodies of any kind, built straight out of the box. Included a few interior shots from during the build.
12 additional images. Click to enlarge.