iModeler Awards – March
April 18, 2017 in News
With Easter Holiday behind us and Moson Model Show coming up next weekend, now is the perfect time to announce the results of our March retrospective. Let’s look back at some of the last month’s notable contributions – 109 new articles were posted at iModeler’s headline page during the period, prompting no fewer than 1798 comments!
As usual, every posted article is automatically included in our monthly prize draw. We are awarding the iModeler Best in Show title by the decision of the editorial jury, but also allot a Random Award to show our appreciation to all kinds of modeling. The judging committee was @editor, @magnusf, @halvarvonflake, @rickard-malmborg and @aisak.
iModeler Best in Show – March 2017
The jury was unanimous in selecting Artur Domanski’s P-51 Mustang Mk. IV as a contribution worthy of the month’s Best in Show award. In our eyes, Artur’s model has it all – immaculately clean construction, a wealth of convincing detail, interesting color scheme, convincing surface weathering. Coupled with the carefully arranged outdoor photography, we think this model looks as close to the real object as one could wish for!
Please also note Artur’s other contribution this month, the excellent 1/32 P-47D Thunderbolt from Eduard/Hasegawa
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, this distinction goes to Greg Kittinger’s Hasegawa 1/72 E7K1 Type 94 Alf. This model was completed as part of the recent Water Wings Group Build. We certainly love group builds, especially the excitement that comes with each GB reveal!
Honorable Mentions: 11 Wonderful Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Scott Nelson – Duryee’s Zouave
2. Boris Rakic – Airfix 1/48th P-40B Warhawk Build Review
3. Pavel Aparin – Grigorovich M-9, Combrig Models 1: 700
4. Rapid27 – 1/72 Breguet Alizé
5. Frank Steffens – Tamiya 1/48 Ki-61i Hien
6. Emre Tuzun – F-4F JG 74 “Mölders”, Tactical Leadership Programme (1982)
7. Tzigkounakis Tasos – 1/48 Eduard Fw-190D
8. Mladen Janjic – Junkers J.1 (Eduard 1/72)
9. Terry Schuler – Tamiya 1/72 scale P-47D
10. Michael Drover – 1/48 Airfix BP Defiant
11. Christian Ristits – Harrier Gr.7 – ZG-501 (1996)
11 additional images. Click to enlarge