iModeler November Awards
November marked a surge of World-class modeling here at iModeler. Not only because of our coverage of the 2015 Scale Modelworld, but because of all the other fantastic contributions to the Headlines. In total, November brought us 128 new articles and 1192 comments.
It is our ambition to ensure that the iModeler prizes are awarded in an unbiased and knowledgeable manner, through a process where every contribution is noted. And because there can only be one winning entry, this task is never easy! Nothing can illustrate this better than a look through the jury's shortlist which this time was rather longer than usual.
New and would-be members of iModeler please note: Every month, all articles posted among the Headlines are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We're awarding the Best in Show title to the entry that in the eyes of the jury represents the month's highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. In additional to this, we allot a second award to a randomly chosen article. We think that all contributions to this site deserve recognition, so this second prize is a token of appreciation to all authors and all levels of modeling experience that can be encountered here at iModeler.
iModeler Best in Show - November 2015
It is always that extra bit exciting when an iModeler debut makes it to the winners' stand. During the month, George Johnson joined the effort showing us some of his completed builds. The jury's vote goes to his Chilean F-16, which we think is an extraordinary well balanced model in terms of build quality, detailing, finish which altogether bring an understated but very tangible sense of realism.
I'd also like to encourage you to have a look at George's entire blog, with several other entries that caught up our attention:
But wait, there's more! - the Random Award
Every month we are also awarding a kit prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors, selected through an entirely random draw among the entries of the month. This distinction goes to another debut - Mark Poulton and his collection of Airfix 1/72 Harriers. There's something great about the Harrier; thank you for bringing this iconic aircraft to iModeler!
Honorable Mentions: Our Extraordinary Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Eduardo Augusto Rodrigues Conci - Revell 1/24 Mustang Boss 302 1970
2. Tolga Ulgur - 1/48 Tamiya P-51B Mustang “Shangri La”
3. Nikolas Xanthopoulos - Dana Vz.77 1/35 Hobby Boss
4. Santiago Hrubisko - General Aircraft Hotspur series
5. Kelly Cottle - 1/32 F-86F Sabre J.Mc Connell
6. Richard Moore - 1/32 Revell Hawker Hunter F.Mk.6
7. Harry Brogan - Imex 1/9 Scale Heritage Softail
8. Nikolas Xanthopoulos - SA 2 1/35 Trumpeter
9. Alan Price - Battle of Britain Builds: pt 1, 2, 3
10. Michael Graff - Soviet Aerosan diorama
11. Maxim Bylkin - Spin Model 1/48 SPAD S.A.4 (IRAS, 1916)
12. Tolga Ulgur - 1/48 Hasegawa P-40N Warhawk “White 21”
13. Ricardo Dacoba - Messerschmitt Me-262A-1