1/48 Trumpeter Mig-23
So I have to say that I think I finished the 1/48 Trumpeter Mig-23. I’m pretty happy with it. I touched up a few things, added a little Mig European soil weathering pigment and attached the missiles. This was a fun kit to build (although a bit frustrating at the end, but I got over it). I used a lot of after-market stuff on this thing, and the most rewarding was the Aires resin seat and Eduard clothe seat belts. I’m not too keen on the Eduard self-sticking PE. The adhesive tends to slide around and doesn’t stick too well. I ended up removing it and using contact cement whenever there were flat surfaces to join such as the instruments and side panels. I really hate PE, but I used the Eduard resin/PE wheel well set, and that looks pretty nice. I built this for a group build and it took exactly 2 months to put together.
8 additional images. Click to enlarge.