iModeler April Awards
Once again it is time for our monthly retrospective – a look back at some of the notable articles posted at this site during April.
It was an excellent month, with 156 new entries adorning the headlines of iModeler during the period, prompting an impressive 2,500 comments and 53,100 individual article reads.
According to our long-standing tradition we are giving away a pair of awards as a token of appreciation to our contributors. The jury panel this month were @halvarvonflake, @magnusf, @gregax (welcome to the team, Grega!) and @raikisan.
Every month, all Headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
iModeler Best in Show – April 2018
The jury’s Best in Show award goes to Charles King’s burnt out MAN Cab. Charles has been spoiling us with his exceptional builds for some time now, but this piece takes the cake – although it had better taken a fire extinguisher. Derelict, abandoned and destroyed vehicles have become a legitimate sub-genre in modeling over the past years, and Charles’ work serves as a showcase for the level of realism that can be achieved.
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is Casey Gray and his Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon.
Honorable Mentions: Our 11 Fabulous Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Rafael Michael Drozdzowski – MiG-25 PDS “Foxbat”
2. George Johnson – Zoukei-Mura Ho 229 WIP
3. Dmitry Stropalov – J2M3 Raiden (Hasegawa 1/72)
4. Sebastijan Videc – DDG-67 USS Cole
5. Alessandro Parmigiani – Cessna O-1E Bird Dog – Hasegawa 1:48
6. Fabrizio Faggion – Land-Wasser-Schlepper (late production)
7. Carlo Sette – Phonix D.I Kriegsmarine Puly 1918
8. Erich Goldbach – AMtech 1:48 Focke-Wulf Ta183B-1
9. Won-hui Lee – U-boat VII/C
10. Paul Teixeira – Project Complete: 1/35 MENG Norwegian Leopard-1 A5-NO
11. Gary Sausmikat – Wingnut Wings Albatros D.V
11 additional images. Click to enlarge.