iModeler September Awards
Once again it is time for our monthly retrospective – a look back at some of the notable articles posted at this site during September.
After the usual summer lull, we all went back to our workbenches – and this brought 131 new entries adorning the headlines, prompting a whopping 2,097 comments and 27,500 individual article reads.
According to our long-standing tradition we are giving away a pair of awards as a token of appreciation to our contributors. The jury panel this month were @editor, @gregax, @halvarvonflake, @magnusf and @raikisan.
Every month, all Headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
Click here to register and take part in our next monthly roundup!
iModeler Best in Show – September 2018
Allon Kira joined iModeler recently, and with a bang. Focusing on modern IDF armor, he first teased us with a selection of competently built and finished M113’s before posting his Meng Merkava 3D. The job Allon did on painting and weathering this vehicle is nothing short of spectacular, and combined with the pictures’ quality makes this build a top-notch post.
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is Petar Zarkov and his Revell German U-Boat.
Honorable Mentions: Our 15 Fabulous Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. David Polak – 1/72 M-ATV
2. Michael Drover – 1/48 Tamiya P-51D ‘Dirty Dick’
3. Won-hui Lee – 1/700 HMS Barham
4. Predrag Ivanovic – Eduard 1/48 Se 5a
5. Stephen Leslie – HANNOVER CL.II
6. David Leigh-Smith – ‘A Higher Call’ – the very best of humanity in the very worst of times.
7. Artur Domanski – Junkers D.I
8. Richard Mcstay – LaFerrari
9. Allan J Withers – Ducati Desmosedici GP4, Troy Bayliss, Moto GP 2004
10. Michal Walusz – 1/48 Airfix Hurricane Mk.I Polish 306 Fighter Squadron
11. Dmitry Stropalov – Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf. F (FlyHawk 1/72)
12. Travis Paschall – 1/12 Bandai custom Death Trooper
13. Rob Pollock – War Above the Trenches: Salmson-Moineau S.M.1
14. Charles King – “OLD. BUT RUNS!” – Scania LB 141
15. Tolga Ulgur – 1/48 Airfix P-40B Tomahawk
15 additional images. Click to enlarge.