iModeler November Awards
Once again it is time for our monthly retrospective – a look back at some of the notable articles posted at this site during November.
The past month brought the usual Telford frenzy, but more importantly lots of great articles from this community. And so we are left with a breathtaking 237 new entries, prompting 2,504 comments and 87,350 individual article reads.
According to our long-standing tradition we are giving away a pair of awards as a token of appreciation to our contributors. The jury panel this month were @aisak, @editor, @gregax, @halvarvonflake, @magnusf and @raikisan.
Every month, all Headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
iModeler Best in Show – November 2018
A heavy Soviet assault gun sitting abandoned in the grass – Radek P. shows that a vignette doesn’t have to be more complicated than that. It’s the execution of the paintwork, the weathering, and how Radek blended all of this into one convincing scene that makes his entry so compelling.
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is Djordje Colovic and his Caproni Ca.310 Libeccio in the markings of the Yugoslav Royal Air Force.
Honorable Mentions: Our 12 Fabulous Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Nikos Kosmadakis – U-96
2. Tomáš Pelej – F-14A Tomcat, Tamiya 1/48 no.2
3. Marvin Reyes – Special Hobby T-2C Buckeye (1/48th)
4. Tim T – Airfix 1/72 English Electric Lightning F.2A
5. Allon Kira – Takom T-55 AMV, 1/35
6. Bhandez Models – Republic P-47 D-30 Thunderbolt 1:32 scale Trumpeter
7. Olivier Rive – LOTUS 97 T Renault
8. Bernd Ebeling – “Three Perfect Ladies in Italy” (Tamiya Spitfire MK VIII, 1/32)
9. Justin Bronk – 1/48 Focke Wulf 190D ‘Long Nosed Dora’ from Eduard kit
10. Paul van Acker – Special Hobby 1/48 Fiat Br20m Battle of Britain
11. Mee Wan – 1/700 scale KM Pekan (Maritime Patrol Vessel)
12. G. Ley – A day at the airport – Caribbean cargo operations
12 additional images. Click to enlarge.