iModeler December Awards
Once again it is time for our monthly retrospective – a look back at some of the notable articles posted at this site during December.
This was a month with some incredible entires – and our community added another 250 new articles to iModeler, prompting a whopping 3,157 comments and 56,600 individual article reads.
According to our long-standing tradition we are giving away a pair of awards as a token of appreciation to our contributors. The jury panel this month were @aisak, @gregax, @halvarvonflake and @raikisan.
Every month, all Headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
iModeler Best in Show – December 2018
Not often, if ever, did a new member enter our community with a bang like this. Olli-Pekka Immonen’s USS James E. Williams is an absolutely gorgeous rendition of this modern destroyer – built to a very high standard, and finished in a way that just makes it “real”. To quote a member of the jury: “Extremely well balanced in both detail and finish. Makes me want to build nothing but ships from now on…”
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is Jay Mitchell with his introducing posting to iModeler.
Honorable Mentions: Our 11 Fabulous Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Colin Latta – Classic Airframes 1/48 Do17Z-2
2. Hyeon-Jung Yun – JASDF F-2A “8SQ Black Panthers”
3. George Johnson – 1/32 Tamiya RNZAF F4U-1A Corsair
4. K. J. Bricknell – My French Lady – Mirage IIIO A3-10, No 3 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force
5. Maxim Bylkin – Vignettes on the subject- Car + aircraft.
6. Sebastijan Videc – HMS Aurora (12); Flyhawk 1:700
7. Dmitry Stropalov – PZL P.7 (Arma Hobby 1/72)
8. Michal Walusz – 1/48 Tamiya Mig-15bis Polish AF Markings
9. Dmitry Ryzhenkov – An-12BK, Roden, 1/72
10. Martin Dytrych – L-13 Blaník /// Planet models /// 1:32
11. Marc Barris – Pilatus PC 21 1/32 scale, Scratch built, FINISHED
11 additional images. Click to enlarge.