Greeting, iModelers. A week ago I road tripped down to McMinnville, Oregon with some friends to see the air and space museum. There is a modest but nevertheless impressive collection there of aircraft across the history of flight, from a 1:1 mod[...]
Here’s my version of the 1/72 Airfix Bristol Beaufighter TF. X. As most builders seem to, I chose to depict NE829, flown by No.144 Squadron from RAF Banff in Aberdeenshire.
Built straight from the box, this is a great little kit, with a fit go[...]
1/72 Italeri, my third but not last C130, I moved the outer engines forward by 2mm to line up with the inner engines, modified the exhausts with plastic tube, added some antennae and navigation lights, finished in Model Master enamels, Aussie de[...]
1/72 Italeri, my first C130, with my own resin propellers and wing tanks, I added some cockpit detail, opened the side cargo door, re-profiled the rear of the engine nacelles and tail, finished in Model Master enamels and metalizer 1401, Aussie [...]
1/72 Italeri, my second C130, with my own fuselage and side pod extensions, I also extended the cargo floor, made my own spinners, re-profiled the engine cowls, modified the exhausts with plastic tube, moved the outer engines forward to line up [...]
As you may have figured out by now, I like to build larger aircraft types in 1/72.
This is the Italeri C-130E/H kit (1/72) built as a C-130A from 36SQN RAAF. Decals are from an Aussie Decals sheet and the A model propellers and fuel tanks come [...]
Finished this not long ago after it languished on the shelf of doom for 18 months. As it had been masked up for so long it was difficult to remove the cockpit masking. Patched up the cracked paint as best I could.
The kit is the original Airfix[...]
Here is a in-flight depiction of one the C-130H models (74-1666 -"Damien") that I worked on while I was assigned to the 40th Airlift Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas. All wing, squadron, nose art and tail numbers were all custom printed by me using th[...]
This is a heavily modified C-130 from Italeri in 1/72 using parts left over from a E-2 Hawkeye that was coverted to a C-2 Greyhound. Seemed a waste to have the radome spare and not use it on a Herc.
The pylon for the radome is scratch built out [...]
I can only take credit for the last 75% of this build. Way back in 93 I helped one of my Mom's friends move out of his roofing buisness. He was an avid gardener, which is how my Mom knew him, but he was also a modeler. I always liked going to h[...]