iModeler Awards – July
I hope that all readers enjoy checking back at iModeler as much as I do, with so many cool and interesting updates filling the headlines every day. Thanks everyone, what’s not to love about modeling? Let’s keep that feeling and have a look back at the notable contributions from July.
New and would-be members of iModeler please note: Every month, all articles posted among the Headlines are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re awarding the Best in Show title to the entry that in the eyes of the jury represents the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. In additional to this, we allot a second award to a randomly chosen article. We think that all contributions to this site deserve recognition, so this second prize is a token of appreciation to all authors and all levels of modeling experience that can be encountered here at iModeler.
July brought us 94 new headline articles and 1634 comments.
iModeler Best in Show – July 2017
The jury’s was unanimous in award the month’s Best in Show title. This goes to David Powell’s 1/20 scale figure of the Heian Period Samurai Archer.
Through some of the best examples of brush painting that we’ve ever seen, this figure is feeding the viewer with so many details, shades and contrast that the effect is simply outstanding. As one of the readers rightly put it, we could watch it all day!
David has also thoughtfully documented his technique of painting fabric patterns – in case you missed the last 4 shots of his article, make sure to have a second look!
But wait, there is more…
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is David Leigh-Smith with Leyte Gulf; the Orphans of the USS Princeton.. We always admire modelers who take that bit of extra care and patience to put their models in the diorama setting, and this is a fine example of the genre. Thanks for sharing!
Honorable Mentions: Our Extraordinary Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Paul Nash – Monster Triplane Wit a bit of Tinkering
2. Won-hui Lee – 1/700 BB-35 USS Colorado 1944 (Trumpeter)
3. Andreas Fey – Tamiya BF-109 E 4 1/72 with little Luftwaffe Hangar
4. Kitti Tatsumaki – 1/72 USAF 173rd FW A-10a Thunderbolt II “Warthog”
5. Jim Wasley – Skoda 30.5cm
6. Alan Price – The new Airfix Me 262 in 1:72
7. Vjekoslav Ranec – P-36A Hawk (Academy 1/48)
8. Julian Shawyer – Mitsubishi A5M4 Claude
9. Brad Bronov – Airfix 1/72 C-47
10. Emre Tuzun – 1/32 F-4F Jabo G35 20 Jahre Special
11. Stephen Leslie – Tamiya Mustang IV
12. Nguyen Huy Hoang – L-39ZA 1/32 HPH Models
12 additional images. Click to enlarge.