iModeler October Awards
Once again it is time for our monthly retrospective – a look back at some of the notable articles posted at this site during October.
The past month was crazy, to put it mildly. With lots of new members joining our community, we set a new record for contributions – 234 new entries! And this prompted a whopping 3,258 comments and 50,300 individual article reads.
According to our long-standing tradition we are giving away a pair of awards as a token of appreciation to our contributors. The jury panel this month were @editor, @gregax, @halvarvonflake and @raikisan.
Every month, all Headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
Click here to register and take part in our next monthly roundup!
iModeler Best in Show – October 2018
Ulf Lundberg has been hanging around iModeler for a while now, making our community a better place not only with his fantastic builds, but also with his sense of humor (check out the Frying Pan Challenge for example). This time Ulf outdid himself with a scratchbuilt Italian destroyer in 1/350 scale. The finished model is a beauty, and his approach to building this gem is highly educational.
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is Steve Sunderland and his Revell F-14 Tomcat.
Honorable Mentions: Our 16 Fabulous Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Daniel Johansson – Albatros D.V
2. Charles King – The Walrus
3. Ian Jackson – Finally, after forty-eight years!
4. Rafael Michael Drozdzowski – F-14B Tomcat AA/105, VF-103 “Jolly Roger”
5. Matija Lisec – Phantom F-4C
6. Martin Dytrych – RAF legend – Spitfire… Mk. IX
7. Tolga ULGUR – 1/32 Hasegawa Focke Wulf Fw 190A6 /R11 “Black 8”
8. Radek P. – Takom Panther early, interior
9. Carmelo Rodrigo – Mefistofeles
10. Allon kira – Tamiya, 1/35, IDF, Tiran 5
11. Mee Wan – 1/700 scale Trumpeter HMS Malaya & HMS Queen Elizabeth
12. Tommy Killander – The Right Stuff – Bundesfighter goes to Hollywood
13. Maxim Bylkin – AFV-Club 1/48 Tiger I (early)
14. Nikos Kosmadakis – Ross Jackal North Sea Trawler 1/144
15. Gary Sausmikat – “Old Ironsides” The US Navy’s Oldest Commissioned Ship!
16. Gary Sausmikat – 10th Mountain, M-29 Weasel
16 additional images. Click to enlarge.