The Airfix Bird dog in the scheme of a NZ owned aircraft ZK-NAM.
I replaced the ill fitting cokpit roof clear parts, and removed the horrible ejector pin marks on the tail and wings, but left everything pretty much as in the box.
Used frisk f[...]
I do. I used to hate them. I thought they were very ugly and brutish. I do love T-34s and thought they look very sleek and streamlined. Upon building my first sherman, I fell in love with them too and am in the process of building approx 16 diff[...]
As with all Tamiya kits, this one practically built itself (which is a GOOD thing, because if left to my own devices, I usually manage to mess sumthin' up). There were no fit issues, as with any Tamiya example I've done, and unlike many modelers[...]
This is a Ni-17, N.1887, Stg. Edward Hinkle, Esc. N124 Lafayette, Western front, Spring 1917
This Nieuport has enjoyed a career in service relatively long flight into the U.S. in the French Air Force.
Joined the Lafayette Squadron in November 1[...]
Here's a very useful instructional video explaining what you can get in the Revell kit boxes - as most of the time you actually get repackaged products of other companies!
This is my 2nd Eduard'Mig.
Just from the box.
I added some wire wheel wells, roof seals and wires inside the cockpit.
I used Tamiya acrylics and Gunze with added some "Future".
I hope you like it!
Yes the old Lindberg Me-410, I do like Lindberg kits, rivet coated, thick canopies, one piece tailplanes, funny shapes here and there, but they are fun to put together.. I didn't do much to this one, just polished up that two part canopy, why t[...]
This was an 'off and on again' project, mainly due to self induced problems. I still don't have the sequence of rigging steps figured out, and when they should fit in the construction, painting and weathering stages.
I had no major problems wi[...]
This is a pretty much out of the box Stuka B2 from Italeri. I did add my own cockpit detail with styrene strip and other pieces. I used decals from Eaglecals.
Painted using model master acrylic paint and weathered with pastels and pigments.
Well between struggling to get motivated and finding time to build, I have actually completed what I started in February. A really nice kit providing lots of opportunity for extra detailing! I spruced up the cockpit and added scratchbu[...]