So, many many years after I built a 1/200 C-130 for my wife's yearly Christmas ornament, I finally got around to using the alternate decals in that kit to make a white C-130 the Blues flew! One odd thing about that airframe is that the two windo[...]
Hello everyone. This is the latest from the bench. The Heller kit turned out quite nice with the addition of some generic rails. The front mast was replaced by brass tubing. Some small additions were made to enhance details using copper wire and[...]
The old Aoshima/Revell kit revived with a bit of spare phototetch and a lot of scratchbuilding...
For the past few weeks I've usually gotten one more swing arm for the LUT up each weekend, with corresponding work to the pad base. But for the past several days the pad and the mobile launcher have taken a back seat to improvements to the AMT [...]
I got back to work on the LUT yesterday, intending to complete some piping, continue work on the launch pad support stands, and start figuring out how to model the swing arms.
The first two were straightforward, but the third involved what I enj[...]
Most Saturn V mobile launcher/LUT models use the LUT to show off the crawler/transporter that transported the complete stack from the VAB to Pad 39, as shown above. As handsome as this, I decided to show my LUT on the pad instead for two reason[...]
The various pipes needed to fuel the Saturn V ran up Side 2 of the LUT, attached to a frame, as shown in the B&W photo of LUT #1 during construction (the foreground is LUT #2).
I started working on adding this frame last week (closeup and [...]
After several weeks off I finally got a day in the model workshop yesterday, which extended late into the night and several more hours this afternoon. While I made some progress on the 1/700 Hood and Arizona, the giant leap, to borrow a phrase, [...]
It's my wood Bismarck.
I've made it a few years ago.