iModeler May Awards
Once again it is time for our monthly retrospective – a look back at some of the notable articles posted on this site during May.
It was an very good month, with 158 new entries adorning the headlines of iModeler during the period, prompting an impressive 2,495 comments and 39,600 individual article reads.
Every month, all Headline contributions are included in our traditional honorary prize draw. We’re looking for the entries that represent the month’s highlight in terms of modeling quality and presentation. We also allot an award to a randomly chosen article to emphasize that all contributions to this site deserve recognition.
iModeler Best in Show – May 2018
Over the past few months, George Johnson gave us insight into the build process of his Zoukei-Mura Horten 229. From the very beginning it was clear that something special was in the works, and many of us looked forward to seeing George complete his build. Well, it is safe to say he made it. Congratulations on a well deserved iModeler Award, George!
But wait, there is more! – the Random Award
We are also awarding a prize as a token of appreciation to all our contributors. This is selected through an entirely random draw among all the entries of the month. This time, our lucky winner is Paul Teixeira and his Hasegawa 1/48 USMC Harrier II.
Honorable Mentions: Our 13 Fabulous Finalists
(in no particular order)
1. Dmitry Stropalov – Brewster F2A-2 Buffalo (Tamiya 1/48)
2. Gary Sausmikat – 1/35, AFV Club, Stuart M5A1 (early), USMC
3. Richard Mcstay – Sukhoi Su-27 UB
4. Paul Carpenter – Another Australian Flying Corps figure
5. Ruben A. Torres Borrego – Fujimi 1/72 LTV A-7E Corsair II
6. Michel Verschuere – From model to diorama: A day’s work at the German air ministry 1941
7. Martin Dytrych – TBM-1C Avenger, VT-7 USS Hancock (1:48, Accurate Miniatures)
8. Sebastijan Videc – MiG-21MF ‘Fishbed-J’; Eduard 1:72
9. Matija Lisec – Slave 1
10. Roman Fittl – Eine Rauchpause in Ostpolen Juni 1944 1/35
11. Tomáš Pelej – F-14A Tomcat, VF-114 “Vark of Arabia”, Tamiya 1/48
12. David Lengyel – MiG-29A – The Last GDR Eagle
13. Dmitry Ryzhenkov – An-24B (Antonov-24B) 1/72 Amodel
13 additional images. Click to enlarge.