Tamiya Chieftain Mk3
This article is part of a series:
- Hull Down
- Takom Chieftain Mk2
- Takom 1/35 Chieftain Mk 11 Stillbrew
- Tamiya Chieftain Mk3
- Tamiya Chieftain Mk5c
- …and the Chieftain Mk 3 progresses…
- Berlin Brigade Chieftain Mk5C
- Chieftain Berlin Brigade Camouflage Masks
- Takom Chieftain Mk5c Berlin Bde
- Takom Chieftain Mk10 Berlin Bde
- Takom 1/35 Chieftain Mk10 Track Bash
Tamiya Chieftain Mk3. Ok, the box says Mk5, but it's not. The kit is really a Mk3 with a few Mk5 features. I've used the Eduard photo etch set, which does lift this Tamiya kit. Although old, the Tamiya kit should not be written totally off just yet! Correct the rear engine deck and it's a fairly easy update to a Mk5. Castoff Resin did an update set, but I think they've bitten the dust now, which is a shame as some of their stuff was really nice... Of course the Takom mouldings are great, but already Voyager (and others) have developed "update" kits for them. The After Market manufacturers never cease to amaze me with what they can find to 'improve'.
The scheme is for a BATUS (British Army Training Unit Suffield) Canada scheme.
16 additional images. Click to enlarge.