Schutzenpanzer Marder 1
This article is part of a series:
- 1/35th Leopard Line Up
- Leopard 1A5 Bundeswehr
- Weathering, the Belgian Leopard Conversion Continues
- Leopard AS1 Aus Cam Update
- Leopard AS 1 Olive Drab Lusterless Update
- Dutch Leopard 1
- Australian Leopard AS1 Dozer
- Danish Leopard 1A5DK
- Takom 1/35 Canadian C2 Leopard Mexas
- Australian Trials Leopard Tank
- Australian Leopard AS1 with drivers and engine compartments.
- Leopard AS1 Engine, Engine Bay and Drivers Compartment Latest Progress
- Unfinished Business – Finishing Off the Belgian Leopard
- Trying New Techniques On Tamiya Leopard A3/A4
- Revell Leopard 1 A1A4 Weathering And Camnet
- Leopard 1 A1A1 With Peddinghaus Turret
- 1/35 Camouflage Nets
- Camnet Construction continued...
- Schutzenpanzer Marder 1
This vehicle is going to form part of my "Cold War Gone Hot" series of diorama's. It's the old Tamiya Marder that I used in the camnet construction series. I've weathered down the original gloss tone to a more realistic matt effect.
First I gave it a pin wash of black on all recessed lines. This gives quite a stark effect.
Secondly I used artist oil Titanium White to start off a faded paint effect and tone down the starkness of the black. I put a small dob of the white on a single point (using a cocktail stick) then worked it in using a cotton ear bud. I then carried on doing one panel at a time, trying to make the effect uneven.
Thirdly I painted in all the episcopes with a white undercoat and then red and green Tamiya clear.
I hope that you like, but please give me any feedback and suggestions on how to improve. I love this hobby, it's a constant learning curve...
14 additional images. Click to enlarge.